Specialties: dance pedagogy, choreography.
The aim of the curriculum is to educate professionals of the field who are in control of their bodies and are capable of communicating their acquired experience to others. By specialty, the curriculum of dance arts breaks down into three parts: firstly, a general training and basis in the dance arts; secondly, different dance styles and their interpretation and thirdly, the development of the art, dance composition and the creation of dance performances. Through their pedagogical studies students acquire knowledge for work as dance teachers for different age groups.
Upon successful completion of the curriculum the students
1) apply the acquired theoretical knowledge for creating performing arts;
2) have modern general pedagogical knowledge and is able to apply them in the context of the field of dance;
3) understand contemporary dance;
4) apply their knowledge in order to create quality artistic environment;
5) understand their responsibility towards the society as dance artists;
6) can manage independently in creative industries.
Check the Study Information System for more info.