MA in Music Education
Joint MA programme in cooperation with the Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre. The general aim of the curriculum is to prepare music teachers of proficient professional skills and broad general educational background for general education as well as hobby schools. Provides readiness for continuing studies to pursue a PhD degree.
Upon successful completion of the curriculum the student
- knows and understands the goals, principles and trends in music education and values music in a broader cultural context;
- has systematic and comprehensive knowledge and practical skills in general pedagogy and field-specific didactics for a teacher of basic, high and music school;
- can use appropriate and fruitful strategies, methods and techniques in solving the problems at pedagogical work, according to the principles of professional ethics;
- can plan, support and analyse through musical education the personal development of the students as well as himself/herself;
- knows the history, theory and styles of music and puts this knowledge into practice making music, is able to play music in the level of a professional music teacher;
- can do pedagogical research and hold discussion in field-specific pedagogical and musical topics;
- is co-operative, tolerant to different cultural backgrounds and actively participates in civil society in promoting local cultural life according to Estonian cultural traditions;
- has an inquiring and creative attitude to his/her work, values life-long-learning.
Check the for more info.