The mission of UT Viljandi Culture Academy is to
- guarantee creative and educated elite in Estonian society whose approach to issues would proceed from their native culture and at the same time be open to the world;
- be the mediator between traditional and professional culture;
- develop intercultural communication with non-Estonian population, providing our local non-Estonians with native culture centered education, thus functioning as a coherent cultural model;
- introduce Estonian native culture to the world;
- disseminate and develop the idea of Estonian native culture as a guarantee for the spiritual sustainability of our nation and identity;
- offer flexible higher education in interdisciplinary and borderline fields;
- generate new knowledge and implement it in practice.