Estonian Native Construction
Professional Higher Education (equal to Bachelor's studies)
Duration 4 years
Credits 240 ECTS
The mission of the curriculum is to carry on the tradition of native building heritage. The students get to know and use ancient as well as modern building techniques and equipment. Particular attention is paid to log building in theory and in practice: the graduates will have knowledge of the building process from design and budgeting to completion. The possibilities for specialisation are those of log building supervisors (major), log building instructors, museum builders, log building constructors or log building material suppliers.
Upon completion of the curriculum students:
- have knowledge of the visual and technological language characteristic of the Estonian native building tradition;
- have the ability to independently gather information using relevant methodology and means, to interpret this information and use it to develop new speciality related applications;
- have the ability to creatively and professionally put into practice the specialized knowledge in order to complete contemporary tradition-based buildings both as models and as real life outcomes;
- have technical and moral maturity to work within their chosen field according to constructive principles and sustainable approach;
- set their sights on lifelong training and development.