Leisure Time Manager-Teacher
Professional Higher Education (equal to Bachelor's studies)
Duration 4 years
Credits 240 ECTS
This subject suits active people with a will and need to help children and young people find and realise their potential. We welcome everyone with a pedagogical intuition and interest in adventure education or different creative activities.
The graduates find work within general or special education, at youth centres and as specialists working with the local authorities. Working as school youth work manager teachers, organising extra-curricular activities or as youth workers or circle leaders, the graduates of this subject field have opportunities to organise cultural activities and speak for the development of creative activities. During the studies it is possible to specialise on creativity or activity education methods.
Upon completion of the curriculum the students:
- know the content and terminology of the field of culture, education and youth;
- can shape the environment supporting the integral development of the youth;
- define and reflect themselves as pedagogues and youth workers;
- are familiar with the regularities of human development and the role of ethic and
- aesthetic values in human development;
- know the nature, methods and resources of pedagogical influencing;
- value the principles of civil society and identify themselves as members of it;
- are aware of their actions in guiding hobby activities and organizing leisure time;
- can apply different methods of developing social skills according to the needs of the target group;
- can relate, synthesize and integrate into practice the knowledge and skills acquired;
- understand the principles of life-long-learning and the need for constant self-perfection.
Check the Study Information System for more info.