Drawing competition for children and youngsters “Let’s draw our native language”
We invite children and young people up to 18 years of age to take part in the drawing competition “Let’s draw our native language” to enable them to visually reflect on the importance of and necessity for mother tongue. The drawing competition is a part of the Estonian Native Language Day celebrations at the University of Tartu and a present to the Republic of Estonia on its 100th anniversary.
LET'S DRAW OUR NATIVE LANGUAGE
Participants may use different techniques and styles in their works, and in addition to drawings, send paintings, digital art, collages, etc.
Deadline for submissions is 7 March 2018.
The jury of the Centre for Arts will assess the contributions and the best will be awarded!
On 14 March, a virtual exhibition is opened and the best contestants are announced on the Centre for Arts’ page in Facebook. All contributions sent to the competition are displayed in the virtual exhibition.
Further terms and conditions for participating in the drawing competition:
- Every participant can present one drawing / art work.
- Presented work cannot be copied from somewhere, neither participated in another competition nor published earlier.
- Tag the contribution „Let’s draw our native language” and either:
- send it electronically (quality scan) to: kunstide.keskuse [ät] ut.ee
- send it with the snail post to: HV Dean’s Office, University of Tartu, Jakobi 2, 51014 Tartu.
- or bring it personally to the administrator of Jakobi 2, Tartu.
- While presenting the contribution please write:
- first and family name of the author, age, kindergarten or school.
- name and contacts (phone, e-mail) of the grown up representing the child.
- In case the kindergarten or school addresses the child/youngster to the competition we ask to inform parents.
- By sending the contribution you give permission to the University of Tartu for further publishing of the work with child’s first and family name with age without any further contract.
- The contributions sent physically can be collected back from Jakobi 2 administrator from 15th-31st March 2018.
Coordinator of the Centre for Arts
margot.must [ät] ut.ee