Specialties: actor, director, amateur theatre director.
During the studies, students acquire knowledge and practical skills within the various fields related to acting and directing. Those studying to become directors of amateur theatres will also take a module of pedagogical subjects. The department cooperates with different Estonian theatres which form the basis for our diploma performances. Our graduates are also prepared for work with project theatres and free theatre troupes.
Upon successful completion of the curriculum the students
1) understand the developments of the world theatre;
2) possess the professional skills required for the job;
3) identify themselves as creators and citizens in modern Estonian theatre;
4) set their sights on lifelong training and development.
Upon the completion of the curriculum for actor or producer the students
5) possess and interpret the traditions of Estonian theatre;
6) know and are able to put into practice the methods of psychophysical training;
7) is able to work in theatre as well as in radio, television and film.
Upon the completion of the curriculum for amateur theatre leader the students
8) have the overview of the Estonian theatre tradition;
9) are able to produce an event starting with composing its literary basis until its execution in light, sound, room, photo and/or video;
10) are able to work as managers of performing arts and cultural events, lead and guide the people involved in the project, take the project to its goal.