Guide to Motivation Letter, Portfolio and Interview
The motivation letter must be up to 4600 characters long (including spaces). It is advisable to answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this study programme?
- Why did you choose a study programme offered in Viljandi? How does this choice relate to your interests and previous experience?
- Where do you see yourself in your field after graduating from the master’s programme?
- Have you considered pursuing an academic career in your field?
The motivation letter will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Compatibility of the interests and goals of the candidate with the content and aims of the master’s programme (50%);
- Candidate’s vision for the future (30%);
- Self-expression skills (20%).
The portfolio should include the candidate’s CV and a collection of previous field-specific projects. The portfolio should be presented as an internet link, where the materials can be downloaded. The creativity and professional skills will be assessed.
Motivation letter and link to the portfolio should be submitted together with the online application (2 January to 15 March 2020).
Only the candidates who receive at least 51 points from both the motivation letter and portfolio, will be invited to the interview. The interview is based on materials presented by the candidate. The committee will ask additional questions about the candidate’s previous study and work experience and plans for the future. The interview is conducted via Skype or in person.
Admission interview will take place in April 2020. The exact time and date will be scheduled individually with each candidate.